In the beginning
Jan Radyn received grazing rights of the entire valley from the Dutch East India Company in 1720. From 1777 to 1832 the Du Toits occupied the property. Pieter de Villiers bought 2500ha of the property in 1843. He kept the homestead and 250ha but subdivided the rest to establish Villiersdorp.
Abraham le Roux worked on the farm as a labouror once in 1902 and in 1934 came back to buy the farm on a public auction from his previous employer. He died two years later and until 1950 the farm, Bo Radyn, was operated within the Le Roux family farming business.
Kobus le Roux became the owner in 1950. In 1956 he started Christian upliftment of the workers and changed from farming with wine grapes to fruit for export. The homestead was built in 1770 and was altered many times over the years. In 1974 the house was restored by Gawie Fagan to its original form and declared a National Monument.
- Two committees take part in all decision making on the farm
- All workers take part in training and development programs every year
Internationally Recognized Standards
We adhere to annual assessments and third party audits from these Standard Bureaus:
Water Saving Measures
Water is one of the most important resources on earth. On a farm water is the most important asset we have; without water nothing can grow. Here on Queen Anne farm we manage this resource to the best of our capability. We use the latest in probe technology to measure the moisture content of our orchards.
Have you read our latest blog posts?
Ons neem verantwoordelikheid vir ons gedrag, ons werk en ons ontwikkeling.
Ons respekteer mekaar, ons omgewing en toerusting.
Alles wat ons aanpak doen ons op ‘n uitstekende manier. Ons aanvaar nie die gemiddeld nie en streef gedurig om te verbeter
Ons beoefen geduld in ons interaksies met mekaar om seker te maak ons verstaan mekaar en dat elke persoon se bydrae saak maak.